Hey guys! So it looks like the first month for 2019 is done and over with. Next thing you know it’ll be December again. Anyone already looking for Christmas gifts? My mom likes to say it’s too early to be thinking about Christmas but I know how time works. You get comfortable with it and then next thing you know it’s 2020! As for this blog…well, it looks like I was quite the busy bee (such is the life of a bored person)
Can’t Stop Reading!
After the last roundup, my anime posts have dropped, however, that doesn’t mean I haven’t been watching anime. I FINALLY picked up The Promised Neverland, which I need to write a first impression post on! I plan to continue watching it. And I saw I was two episodes behind on Boogiepop…Aside from this, I also watched like three episodes of Hetalia before I got annoyed (hehe) and the first few episodes of Case Closed (again). Maybe I should write some posts about those two shows. Not really reviews but something else, what do you all think?
Killing Stalking: I finally picked this thing up again! I saw somewhere on IG that it might be ending soon, which I think holds perfectly with my picking it up. Perhaps by the time I get to the end, it’ll be complete and I won’t have to wait for updates!! Although it also makes me sad…it’s so sad when good things come to an end
- [Masterpost] Reading Killing Stalking
- 39 Thoughts While Reading Killing Stalking Ch1: What Did I Just Read?
- 22 Thoughts While Reading Killing Stalking Ch2: Someone Hold Me!
- 39 Thoughts While Reading Killing Stalking Ch3: Should I Laugh or Punch Sangwoo?
- 24 Thoughts While Reading Killing Stalking Ch4: And the Suspense Escalates….
Manga: I also started to read some manga, although I only got around to reviewing one on the blog, lol. I reread the After School Nightmare manga since I was going to originally use it for my OWLS post (but ended up changing it) and some BL
Fanfiction: OK so this is actually the reason why I haven’t watched as much anime. You see, I fell into the fanfiction hole and just haven’t been able to get out yet (not that I want to get out, hehehe). I’m actually hoping to post more fanfiction review-rec posts even though I know they might not be as awesomely viewed as my other posts (I mean, first who reads fanfiction and second, what are the chances we’re in the same fandom and like the same couple?!). But I’m excited and need to scream ^^
- [Fanfiction] Do you still read stories if they haven’t updated in forever?
- [FF Review] Hey Lover by Wasterella (ft. Art by Ayhiroshi)
Aside from posting about some anime and BL goodies, I also finally got the domain myfujoshilife.com back! AND I’m taking study abroad related question. Come bother me! Now that the storm has gone away here in Chicago, I’m hoping the school will respond so I can figure out how to post those answers for you all 😀
YouTube & IG
Oh hey, I have a YT channel don’t I? I hardly ever post things but with that polar vortex hitting home I decided to do a little recording on the coldest day of my life. Also, I hadn’t realized I was turning into a popsicle until I saw the recording later that day. My mom and I both laughed
Also, the video is vertical because I was going to post it on my IG account but uh, it didn’t work out. It’s a compilation of clips and apparently, when I exported it to my computer, it was no longer a vertical video (and on IG it has to be). Oh well, I posted it on YT, which is just as good
And one more thing because I thought it was funny, here is a picture of our cats
In other news, I’ve finally applied for graduation! That means I’ll be getting my Bachelor’s soon…I hope. I have to get the art department to look at my stuff, possibly make some substitutions. I’m also debating not going to classes next quarter but that’s still up in the air for now
Oh god, this means I have to find a job and ASAP!
A brand new year means new beginnings and opportunities. We have a tendency to embrace the new year because it’s a time when we can start fresh. For this month’s topic, we will be exploring our favorite dynamic characters who undergo changes for better or for worse. We will analyze these characters’ transformations and how these transformations benefited or minimized these characters’ potential in becoming “great people/beings.” We will also use these characters as a way for us to reflect on our own lives and who we want to become. Lastly, we would like to say “Happy New Year, everyone!”
Our first 2019 blog tour is now complete! Here are the links to everyone’s posts:
- 1/10: OWLS January “Metamorphosis” Post: Becoming the Change We Want to Be by Jack (The Aniwriter)
- 1/12: The Conviction to Change in Bunny Girl Senpai | OWLS “Metamorphosis” by Takuto (Takuto’s Anime Cafe)
- 1/13: [OWLS January Blog Tour] Dungeons and Character Development by Megan (Nerd Rambles)
- 1/15: Classicaloid’s Life Lessons [Jan. 2019 OWLS Tour] by Aria (The Animanga Spellbook)
- 1/17: [January 2019 OWLS Blog Tour] One Piece – Luffy’s Painful Metaphosis Journey by Matt (Matt-in-the-Hat)
- 1/19: OWLS Blog Tour January 2019 – Change is in the Air by Irina (I Drink and Watch Anime)
- 1/24: OWLS | Kirishima Eijirou, The Road to the Unbreakable by Mel (Mel in Anime Land)
- 1/26: [OWLS Blog Tour]: Growth in Tandem by Zel (Archi-Anime)
- 1/27: January OWLS Post: Accepting Being Rebuilt by Karandi (100WordAnime)
- 1/29: [OWLS Blog Tour] Live Fast, Die Young: The Limitations of Change in Banana Fish by Naja (Nice Job Breaking It, Hero)
- 1/30: [January 2019 OWLS Tour] Land of the Lustrous: Composite Formation by Scott (Mechanical Anime Reviews)
- 1/31: OWLS Metamorphosis Blog Tour: Finding Balance In A Second Chance At Life by Crimson (My Fujoshi Life)
We had a pretty packed schedule towards the end and we’ll be starting the February tour soon! Also, I will be prowling around the OWLS social media accounts so please come talk to us ^^ Feel free to tag us (@owlsbloggers) and/or use the tag #owlsbloggers!
What’s to Come
I haven’t really decided for the time being. I’m really just letting things flow out as I think them up but here are some ideas:
- More fanfiction for the blog! Specifically Spamano, anyone like Hetalia?!
- I got tagged for The Pirate Crew and…something else that I’m…oh wait! It was the Make It An Anime tag. Yes, so expect those two posts in the coming weeks 😀
- More Killing Stalking. I’m going to aim for 4 posts but I might do less, I might do more (hehe)
- My OWLS post, which will come out on the 28th!
- If you like book reviews, I will be posting a review for Watch Hollow!
- I got my first review request here on My Fujoshi Life! Expect a review for Knight of Alanoc, a bl bara comic~
- I’d like to write up at least one post about music
- I’ll keep doing impressions for Boogiepop and possibly one or two for The Promised Neverland
Hmm, that actually sounds like quite a bit even though it didn’t sound like it in my head, haha. Also, I’d love to do something for Valentine’s Day but I’m not sure what. If anyone has any requests, drop them in the comments section >:^)
Now that that’s been taken care of, let’s get to the juicy bits!
Just like OWLS, the Jon’s Creator Showcase has also just rounded up their first…uh, showcase for the year! Check out some amazing December posts here. Aria will be hosting the showcase for February so watch out for that announcement post ^^
Lina shares her thoughts on the “boob grab” (yall know what I’m talkin about) and how it’s not the best trope in our fun and loving anime world. I really liked this post because I haven’t really seen many posts about harassment in anime. I think we just accept it when that can be a bad thing, especially for younger viewers
Is it hypocritical that I now introduce Matt’s 30 Day Anime Fan Service Challenge after talking about the boob grab? HMMM. If anything, these are going to contain some very interesting gifs.
Speaking of Monthly Challenges, Keiko has made (and is doing) a 28 Day Shoujo Challenge, perfect for this month!
Ok so Moya’s post [Tag] 9 Underrated Female Characters – Anime Edition is actually my favorite this month because it’s a post I would never be able to write (sorry ladies, I just like my bishies too much) but that I 100% agree with. Also, may I direct your gazes to the image with Hei and Misaki, they are my OTP. It was a very tragic OTP. Also, good one for Kikyo. My blood still boils when I see her but yes, she’s definitely the one for that category
I randomly stumbled upon Joe’s post Is Nostalgia Killing the Media Industry? – Discussion and it got me thinking. A lot of the movies we see coming out tend to be remakes of some sort or sequels that we never thought would happen, and as someone who carries nostalgia really close to my heart, I always feel upset if things aren’t perfect
Since we’re on the topic of nostalgia, Irina wrote up a review for Skip Beat, which if you guys didn’t know, is one of my FAVORITE series ever. And I know, I know, a biased fanatic is not always the best recommendor but even Irina agrees that there’s something charming about this series
Need some cheering up? A good laugh? Just want to read something fun? Then Ty’s post – Ty Cleans out Her Hard Drive – the Best of 2018’s Screenshots – is EXACTLY what you need. I loved this!
Moving away from anime for a second, I really enjoyed Evelina’s post Have You Ever Wondered Why You Read Books? because, well, I never really gave that question much thought. I knew why I started reading but after that, I just never really stopped. Evelina takes us on her reading journey, which I think many of us can relate to!
Scott asked the community what a good review looks like so if you want to know (or let him know) check out his tweet/thread!
Zel created an AMAZING and BEAUTIFUL digital art piece that you guys have to check out! Especially if you’re a Deku fan 😀
I also saw this really fun (and funny) video Which Spanish Accent Is Sexiest? Celebrity Edition. Which would you guys say is your favorite?
Want to know how to be a good boyfriend? Check out Trey Kennedy’s Millennial Boyfriend School. HILARIOUS
WELP that’s all for now. While I’ve been “keeping up” with some of my reader’s content (it’s impossible, in one day there’s like 30 new posts, LOL), I still am having trouble leaving comments. Sometimes I just don’t know what to say Orz! But I’m curious, did you guys watch or see something interesting recently? Feel free to share something in the comments section, be it a story or links! For my share, classes got canceled Wednesday because of the cold weather so I didn’t do my homework. Then my teacher emailed us and was like hey turn in your work via email…which I didn’t do because I didn’t think he’d collect it! #rip
Until next time! Here’s a song I’ve been OBSESSED with
Why don’t we just pretend?
I can’t let you go, can’t let you go oh
I just want it to be perfect
To believe it’s all been worth the fight
Lies, don’t wanna know, don’t wanna know oh
Enjoy my content? Want to support me? Feel free to follow me on social media (FB, Twitter), like this post, share it, and/or leave some comments so I know I’m not just screaming into the void! You can also support me by buying me a coffee ^^