Hey guys! It looks like I have a long weekend ahead of me (nearly a week! #thehorror) so I thought I would focus a bit on the blog. Unfortunately, I’m hitting a bit of a block with a review I’m writing (I’m distracted hohoho) so I thought I would switch things up and write one of these roundup posts. The last one I wrote was pretty extensive in terms of posts I wrote because of backlog but I think we’re starting to close the gap with this one
One of the best things about 2019 so far is that I’ve finally started to watch anime again. I am still having some meh moments as to what I should watch and I’m focusing more on series that are already completed so I can binge them, but I’m also trying to pick up some new ones. Slowly but surely
Winter 2019: I picked up Boogiepop and haven’t dropped it yet. It’s not going to be a super memorable show but I’m intrigued enough that I want to check out at least three more episodes. I also tried out the Hero one but I only got to the part where he’s being ignored in court. I’m hoping to continue it and maybe write up an impression
- Boogiepop Never Laughs (ep 1): I’m Intrigued
- Boogiepop Never Laughs (ep 2): The Mystery Revealed?
- Boogiepop Never Laughs (ep 3): Perhaps And Others Is More Accurate
Netflix: Sometimes going to Crunchyroll can be pretty intimidating. There are so many choices and so sometimes I go to Netflix. The selection is much smaller and that helps me in choosing. Although sometimes I’ll still spend at least 30 minutes deciding. Oof! I think I’m going to watch a couple others on here before I head back to CR
- Sirius the Jaeger (ep 1 – 4)
- I Am Eternally Watching: Soul Eater (ep 1 – 37)
- [Review] Sirius the Jaeger: Are the Bro-Feels Enough to Carry the Show?
- [Review] Soul Eater: What Do You Mean This Is It?!
Aside from these shows, I’m also going through my backlog of shows I started and never reviewed. I made a list of series I’d like to watch and review and first up was Juni Taisen
- 2019 Is The Year I Finish…!
- [Review] Juni Taisen: Zodiac War(rior) Crimson – Reviewing Mercilessly…Or At Least Attempting To
And lastly! I have a secret writing blog where I (irregularly) post fanfiction and recently I decided to post some poetry on there, inspired by Jack’s 30-day poetry challenge. I’m not exactly on track with the days but it’s fine (I’ll get them out eventually, lol)
- [masterpost] a 30-day poetry challenge, can i do it?
- [poetry] day 1: withdraw
- [poetry] day 2: fantasies
- [poetry] day 3: consequences
- [poetry] day 4: help
The first four ended up being a little more non-fiction than I first expected. It would be awesome if you guys could drop over and let me know what you think. I am open to constructive criticism ^^
OWLS “Metamorphosis” Blog Tour
We are now a week into the “Metamorphosis” blog tour! For anyone who hasn’t heard about OWLS before, we are a group of bloggers who believe that all individuals – regardless of race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, and disability – are human, should be respected as such, and deserve love. Every month we are assigned a theme by Lyn and then we explore pop culture and/or talk about personal experiences in relation to that theme. This month’s theme is “Metamorphosis” and we’ve already got a great lineup started and waiting
A brand new year means new beginnings and opportunities. We have a tendency to embrace the new year because it’s a time when we can start fresh. For this month’s topic, we will be exploring our favorite dynamic characters who undergo changes for better or for worse. We will analyze these characters’ transformations and how these transformations benefited or minimized these characters’ potential in becoming “great people/beings.” We will also use these characters as a way for us to reflect on our own lives and who we want to become. Lastly, we would like to say “Happy New Year, everyone!”
- 1/10: OWLS January “Metamorphosis” Post: Becoming the Change We Want to Be by Jack (The Aniwriter)
- 1/12: The Conviction to Change in Bunny Girl Senpai | OWLS “Metamorphosis” by Takuto (Takuto’s Anime Cafe)
- 1/13: [OWLS January Blog Tour] Dungeons and Character Development by Megan (Nerd Rambles)
- 1/15: Classicaloid’s Life Lessons [Jan. 2019 OWLS Tour] by Aria (The Animanga Spellbook)
- 1/17: [January 2019 OWLS Blog Tour] One Piece – Luffy’s Painful Metaphosis Journey by Matt (Matt-in-the-Hat)
- 1/19: Irina (I Drink and Watch Anime)
- 1/24: Mel (Mel In Anime Land)
- 1/26: Zel (Archi-Anime)
- 1/27: Karandi (100 Word Anime)
- 1/29: Naja (Nice Job Breaking It, Hero)
- 1/30: Scott (Mechanical Anime Reviews)
- 1/21: Crimson (My Fujoshi Life)
What’s to Come
Good question! HMM. I don’t have a deadline for these but you can expect some of these in the coming days and weeks.
- I just re-read After School Nightmare and I will be writing up a review and my OWLS posts on this manga! [2 posts]
- I started reading Barefoot Gen for my class and a few months back I also read some of Fumiyo Kouno‘s work (and watched an adaptation of one of her books). I’m debating what to do with all of this. I was thinking of doing a review for each of these but I also plan to write an essay for my class on these works (and others) and I thought I might share it on the blog. It would be a much shorter form of the essay since I doubt anyone wants to read 10 pages of my shenanigans but what do you all think? [3-4 posts]
- I just watched B: The Beginning from Netflix and OH SNAP [1 post]
- Speaking of anime, I need to rant about FREE S3 *SCREAMS* [1 post]
- Killing Stalking will be starting up on the blog again. I started doing those XX Thoughts while reading so-and-so chapter but stopped (I think) for technical reasons? I don’t even remember but I stopped writing them and now I want to resume them ^^
- I also have a few book-related posts I’d like to get out on my other blog but I’m not sure when those would be out. If I do get to them though, the first would be reviews for The Timekeeper series, which is now Complete!, and a first impression post on Naomi Novik’s Spinning Silver
Now that that’s been taken care of, let’s get to the juicy bits!
Right now Collabs are the new In and if asking someone to collab with you makes you weak in the knees and ready to run to a bathroom, haveth no fear! Yomu has an open call here: My Great Collab Idea – What it is, and how YOU can participate! Meanwhile, I’ll just…you know, stay in the bathroom…
I recently learned that bloggers are disappearing (nooooo) but luckily some have decided to come out of hibernation. Lyn talks about what happened to her in 2018, Naja gives us some updates on when her hiatus will end, and Leap has finally shown up on my Reader with a post about why they love anime! Similarly (but not disappeared) Scott came out with a blogiversary post with some of his blogging goals and Karandi’s first Inquiring Minds post is about future plans for her blog
Cactus Matt has also been blogging consistently but I have to say my favorite this week was probably The Anime QandA Search Terms of 2018! I think the title is pretty self-explanatory but if that doesn’t pique your interest, I’m sure the gifs will 😉
Also, if it wasn’t clear with the gif I used for this post’s featured image, Monthly Girls’ Nozaki-kun is one of my favorite shows so it was super fun to finally see a recent post about the show! Keiko talks about why she likes Seo
And last, but certainly not least, is Irina’s amazing roundup post of seasonal anime reviews and impressions in the community for just the first week! Not only is this a great way to find others who are watching the same show as you but to get to know new bloggers : )
WELP, that’s all for now. Honestly, I’ve been reading way more stuff from my Reader which I’m so proud of but I want to do a bit more. I want to start interacting more with the community so I hope you all don’t mind an awkward fujoshi stopping by in your comments section. But I’m curious, did you guys watch or see something interesting recently? Feel free to share something in the comments section be it a story or links
Until next time!
Enjoy my content? Want to support me? Feel free to follow me on social media (FB, Twitter), like this post, share it, and/or leave some comments so I know I’m not just screaming into the void! You can also support me by buying me a coffee ^^