Hey guys! So I noticed that quite a few bloggers do this little thing where they make a master list of things they did for the month and I thought I’d try it. I don’t think I’ll ever be as busy as I was this October but here’s all that’s happened on the blog, ICYMI (god! can you all believe I had to look up this acronym, lol)
Anything with an asterisk means I think you guys should check them out! Enjoy~
I’m actually following the Fall anime season! I know I’m not one of the first out there posting their impressions but I’ve been doing decently. At this point, I’ve already established what shows I’m still watching and which I’ve dropped
- 2017 Fall Anime First Impressions (part 1)
- 2017 Fall Anime First Impressions (part 2)
- Garo: Vanishing Line (ep 1 – 3)
- Kino’s Journey (ep 1 – 3)
The Ancient Magus Bride ***
- The Ancient Magus Bride: April Showers Bring May Flowers
- The Ancient Magus Bride: One Day Is Worth Two Tomorrows
- The Ancient Magus Bride: The Balance Distinguishes Not Between Gold and Lead
Recovery of an MMO Junkie ***
I also started rewatching MP100, which I think I watched when it came out but I never wrote a review for it. I don’t even know why. But while browsing Crunchyroll the other day I just started watching it and I’m almost done, so will probably review that this month (Nov)
So many books in my laifu! Not only am I on track for my Goodreads goal, but I think I’ve picked up some good manga, comics, and kids books! Here are my book reviews for the month. The ones with the most asterisks are the ones I definitely think you all should read 😀
- [Netgalley] Park Bench by Christophe Chabouté *
- The Language of Thorns by Leigh Bardugo
- The Uncrossing Blog Tour, Review and Interview: What If True Love’s Kiss Fails?
- This One Summer by Jillian and Mariko Tamaki *
- Call Me By Your Name by André Aciman ******
- [Blog Tour] Heart of Mist (The Oremere Chronicles #1) by Helen Scheuerer ***
- Never Too Old For Some Picture Books #1 (aka 8 Kids Books I Picked Up Recently)
So many good movies have been coming out recently? Or at least it feels like it and every time I see a new preview of something I want to watch it! This month I actually watched quite a few movies and not all of them have made it on the blog yet (but here’s some that did)
TOP 10 LISTS & MORE
This is actually something new I started late last month. I found this Top Ten Tuesday page over at The Broke and The Bookish and thought it would be a nice reprieve from having reviews on my blog. Since the site already has a bunch of prompts at my disposal I thought, why not? But then as I was doing the lists, I ended up with some ideas and now these lists are a combination of TTT and whatever list I come up with that week. These are the few I did this month and definitely let me know what you think of this addition to the blog so far!
- Top Ten Tuesday: Crimson’s Deviant Armada Has Spread and Evolved
- 7 Reasons Crimson (And Maybe You) Read Multiple Books At Once (And Why It’s A Good Idea to Do So)
- Never Too Old For Some Picture Books #1 (aka 8 Kids Books I Picked Up Recently)
OTHER FUN JUNK
This month I ended up with quite a few posts relating to food so I thought this gif was appropriate, LOL
- My First Time at Indy PopCon and Indianapolis Area
- Sit Back and Watch Anime: Shows on my To-Watch List
- The Unique Blogger Award: They’re BACK!
- A Weekend in Boston: TD Garden, The Freedom Trail, Books, Harvard, and Foods
WHAT’S THE PLAN
I don’t want to overcomplicate my blogging life again so I’m just going to make a quick list of things I’d like to work on and then see what actually came to fruition, lol.
1. Keep up with the anime season. I think I’ve been doing rather well so far even though I’m still behind but I have watched what I need to. Just wish it was easier to sit down and write my thoughts, lol. For sure you’ll see more of The Ancient Magus Bride posts and Recovery of an MMO Junkie. I have some drafts for Juni Taisen and I need to finish my last fall impressions
2. Lots of movies are coming out in Nov. So many that I’m not really expecting to have too much time for writing at home. Just this week I was scheduled for 5 days at work. FIVE DAYS. They never let me work that much! First up on the movie review list is Thor as it’s out in theatres today! I’ll be watching it with my family on Sunday so expect a review on it that evening. I made a list of the others I’d like to review on my FB page but I didn’t want to clutter this post any more than it already is, lol
3. Two BL manga titles. I’ve been super slacking on this front but just the other day I went back to see if this series I was following was updated and it was! I need to check out the others and maybe I’ll have more of these out (if not BL, then manga in general)
These 3 things are really the only big goals I have for this month so I don’t really have many (if any) book reviews. If I can squeeze in 1 or 2 I will, but Nov will be Movie Month and Fall Anime Month
What about everyone else? Any plans this month? I know Nanowrimo has started and I also wanted to do NaBloPoMo (gonna try, not sure if I’ll succeed), anyone participating in the fun? Let me know so I can support you! 😀
SHARING IS CARING
Ok, the part that I’m sure you were all waiting for! So Irina posted this great post called Blogwarming Party where she’s basically going to feature new bloggers on her blog. So if you’re a new blogger or know a new blogger, send them her way 😀 I know there’s a whole bunch of other bloggers in the community helping out and I’m hoping to help out in my own way
My way being to retweet on my twitter and revive this thing I was doing in the summer (along with sending anyone new her way)! Yeah, I’m sure not many people remember this BUT, here it is, posts, videos, and other stuff I found on the internet that I think you all should check out. Not all of these posts are from WP or the anime community
p.s. Since I’m already on Irina, you guys should go check out her blog. She has quite a few stuff on there that is always super fun to read!
OK, If you haven’t read this apparent fanfiction that Lyn-sama has written, You. Are. Missing. Out. First off, I’m in it, like why wouldn’t you want to read it when both Lyn and I are in it. #OfficialStalker #Lyndere. But also it’s hilarious. It all sprouted (apparently) from the Unique Blogger Award questions I sent her. And well, now it’s like the zombie plague, infecting everyone who reads it
Also, there’s a character in the story called Mr. Zen and he actually read this on his YT channel. If you can ignore his constant interruptions and commentary while reading the story (every line), then it’s a funny watch 😛
So you guys know how I sometimes go back to really old fandoms and just stay there for a while? Well, I’m back to DN again. I think this is my third or fourth time going back to this fandom and thank you Spooky Redhead/Chloe for this really fun and revealing post about one of my all-time favorite shows! It’s a really quick read, which is perfect for me when I’m at work and people come over at random times
And the rest of her posts are just as fun and quick reads. Check out the rest of her blog, which seems to have just been started in October!
So Cat’s actually one of my blogging buddies from back in the day, but she’s been on and off. This Free post is one of her more recent ones and I really enjoyed it. I think the post content is pretty self-explanatory with that title but I liked it because I feel similarly. I think Free was my first sports anime and there was just something lacking for me in terms of sports. After that I picked up other ones and it just grew apart from shows like HQ and KnB and I think she does a great job explaining why I felt that way
The Ancient Magus Bride is my obsession right now so you bet I’ve been reading up on people’s first impressions! Or at least I’m getting to them slowly. My feed is just being bombarded by so many seasonal anime impressions and I always feel like I’m late to tAMB ones. But this one! I LOVED it because it takes about the use of flowers in the show. From the beginning, you can tell that they’re important but I never touched on it because I don’t know anything about flowers. But here Emily talks about what they are, what they represent, and it gives you a whole other appreciation for the show
Most definitely check it out and the other incoming posts!
So Shealea is actually the person who hosted the Heart of Mist Blog Tour I was in (again thanks so much for the opportunity) and I just LOVED her list of why we should read Heart of Mist. While the Blog Tour is over, I still definitely recommend checking out this book and if my review wasn’t enough to convince you, maybe this list will 😀
I’m not going to lie. If there’s a review on something I haven’t watched, the chances of me reading that post are not very high, but with an interesting title, you bet I will. Which is what happened here. I super enjoyed reading this post by Rodrovich and I really want to watch this show now. I’m a sucker for anything involving analysis of religious symbolism (or whatever it’s called) because I can never pick up the clues myself (as I know Zero about any of this stuff)
Definitely a great read!
You BET I picked this up as soon as I saw it on my Twitter feed! As an avid shipper, I understood a lot of points they made, especially considering the whole canon universe but I just can’t help it. Especially in the yaoi department (and especially since I’ve been doing it for so long). Since there are not many yaoi out there, I must do what I must to get my bishie babes together (Lol)
Very fun post and apparently p2 is on Remy’s Blog
Ok, so I just had to pick ONE of Takuto’s posts because just making a list of only Takuto’s posts would be cheating. I’m not saying he’s like a blogging guru who can express every single one of his thoughts perfectly and in a way that makes me want to watch everything he blogs about, especially through his eyes, but yeah, that’s what I’m saying. I’ve never watched a Godzilla movie, never had the urge to and then he writes up this brilliant post and now I want to watch it. This happens all the time, Takuto stahhhp (lololol)
If you haven’t followed his blog yet, please do so. Everything he writes is always great and he’s tons of fun (btw, have you all read his OWLS posts? Give them all a read pls)
The Dinner Party by Shaquille Roberts
Ok so these next few videos are videos that my coworkers made. This one is by Shaquille Roberts, currently an ex-coworker of mine, and a Chicago filmmaker. The video is pretty short but it’s funny and disturbing at the same time. Check it out and let her know what you guys think!
Summary: A woman finds out her husband is cheating on her (dun dun DUUUUUN)
Daniela Does Stuff (YT Channel)
So this one is another ex-coworker of mine (#CRIES) and this is a YT channel for her school stuff. So far she has an intro video and two actual videos. I decided to share this one because it was her first but also because it’s very close to what my family’s situation is. Have fun watching and definitely keep up with her other content. It’s all really short but impactful in a way (I think)
WELL. That’s all for now guys! I hope you enjoy all these posts and videos I dropped here and make sure to comment on them, possibly follow these lovely bloggers and YouTubers. I’ll have more for you next month and just throughout the month on my Twitter. If you have anything you’d like to share, leave a link down below or tag me somewhere and I’ll read it (I need more reading material!), be it yours or someone else’s! ^^