Hey guys ^^
So many of you might have heard about this already (from other members) and I did allude to a community project in my last Blogging Update post, and (well) it’s past December 12th which means I can talk about it some more!
Ever since November 9th there’s been a surge of violence, stress, and fear around the country, and it’s been something unavoidable on social media, the news, and on the streets. Taking all of this into account, an awesome fellow blogger Kausus (OGZ) thought up an idea to show our love and support for the communities undergoing stress over what happened. A bunch of great bloggers were rounded up and here we are now, about to make our debut!
Who are we?
We are the Otaku Warriors for Liberty and Self-Respect (OWLS)! And we are a group of otaku bloggers who believe that all individuals – regardless of race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion and disability – are human, should be respected as such, and deserve love.
Blog tours are the way OWLS spread awareness. Now if you’re like me and either never heard of these tours or only heard the term, think of it like stops on a roadtrip. On a monthly basis we’ll go on an anime roadtrip where our members will write up posts about a given topic. It’s really great because, not only will we be spreading love and awareness, but you guys will get posts with different perspectives on a single topic AND anime recommendations! Sneak Preview: Our January topic is “disruptors”
All members are encouraged to write for all the monthly tours, however, it’s not required.
Want to join us? Feel free to contact us! But like every group, we do have some requirements and rules
- Must be an otaku blogger or vlogger/content creator (I mean, we do need you to have a place for others to stop at, right?)
- Must be passionate about our cause!
- Must participate in blog tours (again, you don’t have to participate in all of them, but we do need you to be active ^^)
- Be respectful. We are spreading awareness, respect, and love for all individuals. So it would follow that being respectful to our group mates and readers is a given. Please don’t use derogatory comments or belittle the groups we are fighting for
- Be an active member. We understand if you can’t join all our blog tours, but please put in the effort to join as many as you can and spread the word. You are joining OWLS for a reason, right?
- Be responsible. Blog tours require quite a bit of planning and advertising. If you can’t make a deadline, inform our secretaries Arria Cross and/or Crimson ASAP. We do have a “3 strikes you’re out” policy
- Have fun. As much as we want to spread awareness and love, we are blogging because we love it. Be passionate, proud, and “Free to be ME!”
Oh, haven’t scared you off yet? Still interested in being part of the group? Then head on over to the Official OWLS Site (fill out the sheet, tell us about yourself) and we’ll get back to you (very soon). If you guys have any questions drop them in the comments section, tweet at our Official OWLS twitter page, or message anyone in the officers/members list below~
Also, if you think this is a great idea and would love to help us but can’t commit to joining, then please, spread the word, join in the discussion, tag us on Twitter! Find us on Facebook! Watch us on YouTube! Keep up with us on the Blog!
This list will be updated when necessary~
- President: Katrina Sade (Grimmgirl)
- Vice President: Kausus (Otaku Gamer Zone)
- Secretary: Arria Cross (Fujinsei)
- Chief Creative Officer: Lyn (Just Something About LynLyn)
- Public Relations Officer: Naja B. (Nice Job Breaking It, Hero)
- Andrea (All Andrealinia)
- Brandon (Bran New Day Anime)
- Carla (Pop Culture Literary)
- Crimson (Crimson Blogs)
- Eren (Sakura Daisuki)
- Gigi (Animepalooza)
- Hazelyn (Heyitszel)
- Irina (I Drink and Watch Anime)
- Lita (LitaKino Anime Corner)
- Matt Doyle (Matt Doyle Media)
- Matthew (Matt-in-the-Hat)
- Mel (Mel In Anime Land)
- Mistress of Yaoi (Yaoi Playground)
- Moonid (Random Garage)
- Pink (Pinky’s Palace)
- Rai (Rai Anime Blog)
- Remy Fool (The Lily Garden)
- Scott (Mechanical Anime Reviews)
- Shay (Anime Reviewer Girl)
- Steph (Two Happy Cats)
- Stephanie Clarke (Anime Girls NYC)
- Takuto (Takuto’s Anime Cafe)
- Venus (Japanime Talks)
- Zoe (Let’s Talk Anime)